I HAVE ALWAYS INTERACTED WITH CREATIVITY AT SOME LEVEL, (LIKE WE ALL DO IN OUR OWN WAYS).
I had supportive parents who put me in all kinds of music, dance and art classes.
(They were also fairly conscious and encouraged me to read books on overcoming fears and creating beneficial thought patterns and beliefs.
AS I GREW UP:
- In college, I studied art, photography, graphic design and psychology (and left after a few years to save $$$, but kept learning on my own
- I started my own photography business at 20
- I dove full-on into personal development at 21 after struggling with depression
- I accidentally ended up as the head legal secretary of a law firm over the course of my 20s (lots of skill acquisition here)
- I completed my breathwork certification at 27
- Along with so many more things than can be named in this list right now
THEN, RIGHT BEFORE 28...
I LEFT THE LAW FIRM.
I STARTED A NEW JOB.
I LOST MY SOULMATE CAT TO CANCER.
I ENDED A 5-YEAR RELATIONSHIP.
I MOVED OUT OF MY HOME IN MICHIGAN.
AND I BEGAN A SURRENDER EXPERIMENT.
I drove across the country by myself intending to heal my relationship to my intuition and my ability to make decisions.
IN 2019, A YEAR INTO THE EXPERIMENT, I COMMITTED TO "100 DAYS" OF CREATIVITY...
AND NEVER STOPPED.
This is the journey (with all the ups and downs along the way.)