A VIRTUAL HAVEN FOR CREATIVE EXPRESSION
PERMISSION + EXPLORATION + SELF-COMPASSION
It seems we can spend so much time absorbing content from other people, and much less often give ourselves permission and space to decompress and feel all that is moving through for us.
I've found it so important to regularly give ourselves time to just "be" and express—to slow down outside of all the everyday doing.
NEXT LIVE ONLINE EVENT:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9th
6:15 PM PT - 8:15 PM PT
$6 / $12 / $18
1. OPENING THE FIELD
We arrive with a guided meditation, grounding and intention-setting to create a container and settle into the space. We call in our higher selves and any aspects of grace or qualities of consciousness that will be beneficial to us or the group during our time together.
2. FREE-FORM CREATIVE TIME
This self-directed, free-form creative time can be spent however you most need in the moment—write, paint, doodle, play music, sculpt, sew, crochet/knit, dance, movement... or even just take some space to meditate, rest and connect with the infinite ideas in the air around us. Anything that feels nourishing or good to you.
Have any materials, notepads, tools, etc. available to create whatever wants to come through you that day.
All participants will be muted, allowing for silence or to play your own (ideally nervous system-friendly) music in the background.
3. SHARING + CLOSING THE FIELD
We reconnect with the group and are welcome to briefly share our experience, if inspired to do so. After sharing is completed, we gently close the field with gratitude, allowing us to feel complete for the night or continue on with creativity after the call ends.
*Ideal: Be present for the whole process.
*Realistic: Life happens, come for what you can. Even five minutes of meditative creative time is better than none, (though I do recommend being present for the openings when you can—they help give a framework for how to be with yourself in the process.)
THIS SPACE IS MEANT TO BE A REMINDER THAT:
- We're not just the roles we play and the work we do.
- What we truly are isn't only in relation to others and their needs.
- We don't always have to be performing and we don't always have to be epic.
- We aren't here on this planet to just be in survival mode.
- We always have the opportunity to practice being with ourselves in new ways—to take true care of our hearts and our precious energy through the creative process.
- It's possible there is some aspect of ourselves that can interact with creativity in a way that gives meaning and beauty to the whole range of experience in this life.
WHY GET TOGETHER FOR CREATIVITY?
- Something special happens in groups with shared understanding and purpose
- Putting ourselves in each other's presence affects deeper subtle energetics that allow us to become activated and unlocked by each other’s genius.
- Dedicated time and accountability—sometimes we need that little extra nudge to do something we know is good for us.
PLUS, WHY DO THIS HUMAN THING ALONE?
2021 CREATIVITY NIGHTS SCHEDULE
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9th, 2021
6:15pm PT to 8:15pm PT
*for reminders about future events, join the email list at the bottom of the page
"THANKS FOR HOSTING THE CREATIVITY NIGHT LAST NIGHT. IT TOOK ME TO A PLACE OF PEACE I'VE BEEN TRYING TO ALLOW FOR THE LAST 6 WEEKS."
- C. AMAYA